in Natural Resources Engineering
Your challenge sustainable management of natural resources?
Enroll in this master’s degree in engineering!
The main aim of the master's degree in Natural Resources Engineering is to provide advanced scientific training in the environmentally sound exploitation and management of natural resources. Based on theory and mostly practical training, this course takes a multidisciplinary approach and teaches students applied research techniques.
The teaching of this master's degree is presence-based modality or semipresencial modality, with a high index of international students.
Teaching materials and well-equipped laboratories to be able to do internships in the world of research.
International and close environment between teachers and students.
Master of one year
It can be taken in face-to-face or blended mode
Multidisciplinary environmental, civil and industrial training with good job placement for graduates.
You will be able to complete the Final Master's Degree in areas related to research and allow you to integrate into top-level research groups.
The master's degree allows students to do internships and internships abroad.
Students who complete the course successfully will be experts with advanced technical knowledge and the ability to form part of technical innovation and research teams in the field of natural resource engineering. Along with the logical opportunity to work in public and private research institutions, they can also find work in government agencies, construction waste handling companies, extractive industries in general, general waste handling companies, environmental engineering firms, and teaching.
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.
On completion of this master's degree, students will be able to:
• Analyse field and laboratory data and design experiments, using computerised methods.
• Know the analytical techniques applied to inorganic natural resources and their waste, how to use them and the interpretation of results.
• Use the scientific and technical information to respond effectively to any demand for the preparation of an analytical method for the characterisation of a natural or anthropogenic material.
• Know remote sensing techniques and satellite image interpretation applied to the characterisation and management of geological natural resources.
• Use geological materials in industrial processes of high added value.
• Identify processes of pollutant accumulation in the air, water and soil compartments of the environment.
• Design a process to minimise a pollutant, waste or, in general, any type of pollution.
• Identify the presence of metals mostly in mining, industrial and agricultural wastes.
• Minimise the pollution by dust, noise and vibrations that is common in mining, using the most advanced techniques.
• Restore areas degraded by the exploitation of natural resources, using the most up-to-date restoration techniques.
• Design natural biotechnological processes to remove pollutants from solid, liquid and gaseous media.
Quina es la durada del màster?
El programa consta d’un total de 60 crèdits ECTS, equivalent a un curs acadèmic amb dos quadrimestres. També tens la possibilitat d’escollir l’opció de la via lenta si la teva situació professional ho requereix.
En quina llengua s'imparteix?
La docència d'aquest màster s'imparteix en espanyol.
S'ha de certificar algun nivell de idiomes per ser admès.
No es sol·licita cap certificat d'idiomes per ser admès al programa.
Quan s'inicia el curs?
El curs es pot iniciar al febrer o al setembre.
Quins documents són necessaris si els estudis d'origen són en una Universitat estrangera?
Es sol·licita el títol i el certificat de notes legalitzat.